Hey Gals,

I just thought I would post for some advice on the above!! I was 31 when I had a full ab hysterectomy...straight into menopause(I am 38 now). I have had various treatments in terms of h.r.t, managed to get a transdermal est patch that suited for 5yrs...it was fab along with supplements. For the first in years I slept well, I felt revitalised...I became more confident than I had ever been in my life...and I even got a libido. I then became aware that somethings were not as they should have been. Libido leaped up and left me, sleep went out the window along with self-esteem and it felt worse than before. I am now in the process of finding another treatment suitable for me...and my doc reassures me thatI am not going crazy and that all this is multifactoral and relational to hormonal imbalances...bla...bla...!!!
Most of my sympyoms I can manage while the search is in process....but more and more I find that my irritablity is getting way out of control...and affecting my relationship adversly. My partner realy has the patience of a saint.....it helps that we are a same sex couple.....but this stuff could break us. We have a little boy of who is nearly three....and I have a 20 yr old son from way back in my pretend hetro days( I carried the youngest in my heart). Yeah...we have the same stresses that most couples have, does anyone have any advice or tips that I may have missed?? It feels like a sand storm in my head and I am nearing my wits end with the frequency of these blow ups.
I am so glad I can turn to the forums....I don't have anyone outside of them to talk these things through with and be reassured that someone will have some advice.

With hope.

Popea
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love