Thank you all so much. I just got home from work and found your posts. What a wonderful group of women!
My oldest son left a message while I was working. He's going to the cemetary with me tomorrow, all the kids and I are going out for lunch and then..the grandchildren are having a balloon release for Poppop! My children made arrangements to have the day off to spend with me. Talk about a surprise! That had to be some arranging, I have one son who's an attorney, 2 of my daughters are nurses, 1 daughter is a Paramedic in Pittsburgh and my oldest son is a supervisor at at GM. This had to be in the works for quite awhile!
Christina, you have no idea of the marketable skills you have. I hire retail merchandisers for Hallmark almost everyday. The majority of them have high school diplomas, have spent their lives doing the hardest job of all, raising and caring for their families. I have 41 stores in PA,OH,MD,and WV and I know we are always looking for someone. I don't know what area you are in but check out some of the websites. NARMS.com,Hiringedge.com and so many other. These sites are retail based and have opening all over. What can you lose right?
Gentle hugs,
Lin