I think we are all smart enough to know whether we look good when we look at ourselves in the mirror...I think fashion is a form of self expression...and I agree with Dotsie about how the retailers are now appealing to designers to keep the 40+ women in mind now when they are creating their lines...I love some of the things my daughters (21, 24,27) wear...and lots of times I'll borrow a top or a jacket from them...and pair it up with my own jeans or skirts...but I have my own look...and I like to go out looking like me...not my daughter , or my friend...but myself...in something that makes me feel good about myself...and lately I feel good in things that are slightly tailored and fit me well...since I lost 30+ lbs in the past year I don't like anything that is the least bit baggy...but I can't stand tight either...too much a reminder of my "fat days"....I have found some great outfits in Ann Taylor Loft and I also love The White House/Black Market....they have trendy things without being over the top if you know what I mean...