You know Dotsie, I have managed to find my nitch here and stay as far from the strip and the surrounding neighborhood as possibe. I hang mostly in Henderson which is pretty small and cozy and I am okay, safe and content in the resort I live in and yes, having tennis courts, 3 jacuzzis, 2 wondeful pools, 2 librarys, putting greens, great wide paved streets for bike riding and skating or just walking is nice too. Actually I don't have to use my car for any of it. When I do venture out everything I need in no more than 15 minutes away. I suppose I should thank my lucky stars. I do have a nice life. I guess its hard to make lasting friends because hardly anyone my age is actually from here, me either, we all came from somewhere else.
My son says I'm never satisfied and would miss him and his family if I moved away. He's probably right. I think I just miss the old days when all our family lived together and had all the relatives there as well, but everyone kind of drifted away and now we're spread all over the place. I really miss my mother but she won't leave Indiana, been there all her life. I understand that but would love for her to live here with me, so I could spoil her competely.

JJ, I love your idea and would be happy to cook like crazy, delicious, healthy and slimming meals. What a hoot!

BOOMER TOWN USA

Edited by chatty lady (07/21/07 06:54 AM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/