Hi Everyone,

This is my last day as your featured author and I'm sure you will never forget this month. You have been living a nightmare with me which explains better than I ever could in a book about the roller coaster we caregivers ride.

Two days ago, on my birthday, a doctor came in and humbly admitted they'd been "chasing a red herring" which diverted attention from Mom's pneumonia. Then he told me it got much worse.

Now, I am hanging on day-by-day. I am worn out and sheer stubborness has kept me going. I am a fighter. I am my mother's daughter and I pray that she still has her fight in her.

I am heading back to the hospital where I continue to spend nights. There were two potential mix-ups in medicines, so it is important that you always ask questions and make sure they are being administered correctly.

I leave you with grateful appreciation for your support and good wishes, and most of all, your prayers. Please continue to pray for my mother.

G-d bless all of you who have been so kind to me during this very difficult month. Best, Francyne

[ January 31, 2006, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: F N Rosenstock ]