Bravo to all of you! We MUST change Medicare now. Start writing to your state's represenstatives and senators.

Start talking to your community groups and churches. Anytime you have an opportunity to write a letter to the editor, call a radio talk show, or comment on the Internet, do it!

As for grief and healing, it took me six months after my father died 20 years ago to stop crying everyday. Now, although I rarely cry and talking about him makes me feel he's still with me, there are still some things that will move me to tears, even sobbing. I don't think we ever get over the loss of someone we loved, nor should we. However, with time, it gets easier. Let yourself feel the pain.

For those of you who discussed rehab options after illness, there are home health agencies and there are even agencies that will provide someone everday for houskeeping, errands, etc.

I used to take my mother to daycare once or twice a week at an assisted living facility where I hired several CNAs to come after their shifts were over. The current caregiver I have was a referral from my mother's physical therapist who we get through home health.

Speaking of daycare. There are assisted living facilities that have day care services. You can drop your parent off sometimes as early as 7:00am and pick up is sometimes as late as 8:00pm. They also have respite services which I have used. This was great for my mother because she interacted with other people. New owners discontinued the program and I haven't found another one in the area.

As for work, some companies, like IBM, let their employees work from home. Others caregivers I know have started home-based businesses.

Just some things to think about . . . [Smile]