Julie, thanks for asking. No, haven't been to see the doctor ... but I am doing much better. A lot of that is because of the gals here on this site and your suggestions. Thank you so much.

My husband and I went down to Garmisch last week and had a great time but I discovered a new fear ... tunnels. It's been years since I had to go thru a tunnel and we went thru a hum-dinger of one. In fact, there were emergency exits (probably 4 or 5). Of course, I can't imagine climbing out of a tunnel that's buried beneath a huge mountain. Fortunately, my curiosity overcame my anxiety as I would try to see where these doors led to. I think I could come up with a great "Twilight Zone" kind of story about that.

No galley proofs yet. I'll give my publisher another week and then I'll gently email her to see what's up. She leaves the end of July for Ireland for a month and promised it would be out by then.

Dotsie ... interesting you should bring up about turning worries into prayers. My quiet time this morning focused on scripture about doing just that. (And yes, my quiet time is also helping me tremendously). Since I just helped my sister through a difficult time and introduced her to the book Purpose Driven Life and The Message, I used what I got out of my quiet time to help her. Worry is a tradition in our family. LOL.

My other fears ... fear of small places (obviously) and the fear of losing my grandkids. You know, used to be I could work up a really good anxiety/panic attack by playing, "What if." What if this would happen or that would happen. The thing is, I read somewhere that when we think these worrisome scenarios our body reacts as if those scenarios are really happening (i.e., the heart galloping like a horse, sweaty palms, etc.) -- at least I think I'm right on that. Anyway, when I occasionally slip back into that thinking, I try to remind myself what it's doing to my body. As a stroke survivor and having some heart problems, that's a wake-up call. So, I do what Dotsie recommended ... I start praying my worries.

I have a fear of flying but between my medication, John Denver, and prayer, I've managed to cross the Atlantic 8 times in the last two years. I think someone said they close their eyes ... that works too.

I'm loving this thread. You gals are just awesome.

Hugs and blessings, Francine