I dont do heights well - but it's not a fear - I just get dizzy and light-headed - and have a real chance of falling.

I fear spiders -- not just don't like them -- I fear them -- those desensitizing exercises I hear about wouldn't work for me when it comes to them. I would never get that far ;-)

As far as the "someone behind me" - I'm uncomfortable with my back to an open door - but that's because of all the wacho's running around out there that like running in with guns and shooting everyone in the McDonalds - that's paranoia - not fear.

If all of a sudden I realize there's someone too close behind me I don't have control of the situation by moving away or asking them to back off -- I just freeze -- in the spot --I used to shape shift into an alter that would take care of the intruder and keep us safe until the situation passed. But since I don't switch anymore -- I just have a panic attack.

Maybe it's that I'm afraid of people. That's why I don't go too many places without my husband. If I'm alone, I watch everyone -- for instance, if I go into a convenience store and there are people in there - I will take the isles along the walls to get to the other side of the store instead of just walking right through. Or if I'm walking up to the door and some man is going to get to the door just about the time I am -- I will hesitate or turn and go back to the car -- just to avoid him. I will sit in my car until I feel it's safe to go into the store -- but it's not paranoia -- it's chill to my bones, sweat like a construction worker, stop breathing, break out in hives, want to run and hide FEAR.

Yet, if I'm with my husband, I am as trustful and naive as a child. I talk to everyone, help people, enjoy being out in the world. Go figure.