Some of the successfull women who have talked about struggling with panic attacks include:
Naomi Judd, Kim Basinger, Roseanne Barr, Sally Field, Naomi Campbell, Edie Falco, Delta Burke,
Barbara Streisand and Anne Tyler.

When your life becomes a daily struggle with panic, it can feel like there is no way out, that you will always feel this way. But there are so many recovery methods and different medications available, I urge everyone struggling to keep trying. You can take your life back.

Chattylady wrote that she is unable to go outside of her comfort zone, that she must always have a restroom available, etc. This all sounds very familiar to me. I was unable to leave my comfort zone for a good part of my life, which meant not doing many things I would have liked to have done. She writes that she doesn't think she needs medication, and I certainly respect that. But perhaps pushing the envelope a little bit would be a good idea. She mentions that she would have liked to experience jury duty, but anxiety kept her from doing that.

Sometimes an option might be "baby steps." You know, first just make a few trips downtown, driving around and becoming familiar with areas, finding out where parking garages are, etc. Another time taking a trip downtown and parking, maybe walking a short distance. Each time you may feel a little more empowered, a little stronger. This is basically a form of exposure therapy, and it can be very effective.

Jeanne