Hi, everybody!
Thanks for the emails.

JJ, glad you're liking the book. If it's made into a movie, who do you see playing the roles of Kit and Carter? I'm always curious.

Since you read your books in the tiolet, I don't guess you have a problem with folks wanting to borrow them afterward.

Dotsie, it IS amazing how everything fell into place. I'd had 4 technical books published early in my computer career, but had never considered combining a suspense/thriller with programmers until I was asked in real life to hide a series of kickbacks for a client through computer programming. I contacted the FBI and turned over evidence. As the years passed by, I began to wonder what would have happened if the FBI hadn't believed me or if the client had come after me, if my life had been threatened, etc. So that became the basis for "Kickback", about a programmer who is trying to gather evidence and the closer she gets to it, the closer the bad guys get to her.

Who ever knew it would start a series of techno-thrillers?

JJ, when you finish reading, I'll fill you in on some real life scenarios that make my book closer to fact than fiction!

Drake Valley Press (who publishes my books) is putting out another techno-thriller by a new author named Maureen Robb. Her book is due out the end of April; it's called Patterns in Silicon. It's about a murder in Silicon Valley. If you have ever wondered about Silicon Valley, (which is a world unto itself!) you should read her book. I read the manuscript, and it's a real page turner.

Thanks for the nice words, Pam. [Smile] ) I had hoped to get Ricochet finalized so it could be on sale at Book 'Em this October. Don't know if I'll be able to meet the new deadlines, with the move to NC looming. Two moves, actually, because our house will not be complete until mid-summer. I will be so relieved to actually move in. I hope to stay there until I'm moved to assisted living!

In the meantime... I am looking for YOUR next book, Ms. Kimmell! Can't wait to see what Bailey gets into next!