Hello Daphne and everyone: I have a lot I'd like to comment on, but for now I'll stick with print-on-demand publishing. I too used Authorhouse for the same reasons Daphne did. Instead of saying that I am self-published, I consider that Authorhouse was a partner in my publishing endeavor. I had my book edited by freelance editors 2 times before submission. Then, upon publication, I noticed typos. I just finished reading "Self-Matters" by Dr. Phil. You wouldn't believe the typos! Even text books have typos. I had to "let go" of the desire to make corrections post-publication. JJ: I am having a good experience with Authorhouse. I've even done a presentation about POD with Authorhouse to a local Press Club. The down side is that book stores have to special order the book. The other down side is this: Authorhouse will provide review copies to reviewers at no cost to the author. However, when I send a copy for review, I also send 1) press release 2) articles I've written 3) copies of print interviews 4) presentation resume. I haven't figured out how to get Authorhouse to send the free review copies plus all my materials. So I send the copies myself at my cost. What does this have to do with a soulful midlife? I am in mid life, and I put my soul into my book! I am also a watercolor artist. Daphne, did you do the illustrations? I can't wait to get your book! Love and Light, Lynn