We did the same thing with our kids when they went away to college...opened a credit card to establish their credit...my son to this day...and he is now 29...thanks me for doing that for him..he had a very nice credit history 2 years ago when he went to apply for a mortgage for his first house...I still have one in college...and thanks to all of this computer technology I can check her account very easily...even everyday if it was necessary...same way with banking...it's so easy to just be able to jump online and put $20 in her account when she needs extra money for a prescription or the like...I love computer banking!!!!

Dotsie...we did the same thing as you with tuitions...paid them on our card and racked up lots of air miles...my husband even has me use the airline card to pay for groceries now...he thinks every dollar we spend might as well convert into air miles...sounds great to me...it's really a pretty nice incentive....of course we pay it off every month....he doesn't like carrying credit card balances....