Dianne,
I am thinking you are correct! I've spent the last three years recovering from a disastrous relationship with a textbook Narcissist. He loved to talk about himself, incessantly, especially after sex! If I tried to interject anything off the subject of HIM, he would wait impatiently for me to finish, so he could resume his monologue. I nearly lost everything...my home...because of him. He left me feeling suicidal, questioning my judgment and ability to discern what was good in a man.. This new man, the Ph.D. in Psychology, during our last visit (the snowstorm when I drove 2 hours to his location), after lovemaking in the evening, instead of cuddling and sharing, we went immediately to his living room, where he sat rocking back and forth talking about himself for an HOUR!!! telling "funny" stories of how he had, in his youth, pretended to be psychotic or suicidal to fool people. It felt eerily similar to the Narcissist! I laughed at his stories, but afterward, I kept thinking, under what circumstances, especially after lovemaking, would I EVER talk about myself for an HOUR????
ARI