I am auditing this awesome, and I do mean AWESOME!, class on the Songs of Solomon, Deeper Intimacy with God. Incredible! God views us (Christians) as the Bride of Christ. When I was reading Sugaree's poem it made me think of the Lord and how deep His love is for us. HE SEES ME! HE KNOWS ME! HE WANTS ME!
In Songs the King is dining with the Shunamite woman (his bride) He tells her she has dove's eyes and she responds "You are so handsome". A dove has no peripheral vision so he is commenting on how focussed she is on Him and she in response is saying how can I not be focussed on you, My Love, you are so handsome!!! It is when we see the "Beauty" of the Lord and see His tenderness, mercy, grace and glory that we become focussed and passionate about Him. In our passion and longing for Him we find our freedom and peace.
I know that is not what this topic is about, but the poem made me think of the Perfect Love and who loves us more perfectly? He sees every frailty, sin, shortcoming, hurt, etc. and calls us Beautiful and His Beloved!
I had missed some of the classes so I bought the CD set along with the workbook to go back and do the lessons I missed. If there is anything I need in this world more than intimacy with God, I don't know what it is.
He is the Kindest Person I have ever met!