Sugaree,
Can't you just have fun with this guy as a person without considering him as a mate?
Having recently been single myself, I went out a lot with different guys -- just for fun. I almost always had a good time and they seemed to enjoy my company. They almost always called again. Several wanted more closeness and I had more proposals after the age of 50 than at any time in my life. I never really rejected anybody. I just sort of got busy and skirted the issue by teasing my way around it.
I wound up with a lot of friends and had a blast in the process.
Not every man is out to take advantage of you. Some just want company. And why not enjoy that? At one time I thought if a man bought dinner and took me to a concert or movie, I owed him something, but I finally came to realize that my company is enough. I tried to look as good as possible and be as personable as possible and that's all I had to be. Men took me to company parties and church, etc. as well as concerts and plays, etc. and I was nice and smiled a lot and tried to make them look good and that was all I had to do.
I was having a blast when I married my husband. It just happened.
When and if the right man comes along, both of you will know it. If not, you'll have had a lot of fun and a bunch of new friends. Don't take a date too seriously. It's just an opportunity to have fun in the company of someone you like or will like--if you allow it.
smile