Okay, I have had 5 pets here for a few months: three cats, which include two male Maine Coon kittens (recently neutered), my midsize dog, Kelley ( a Samoyed mix rescued from the Lexington, KY pound), and my three pound Yorkie female (recently spayed). I also have a big ol' male neutered cat who has been with me longer than all of the rest. They all got along well, but the Yorkie was SO demanding and was ruining my carpet. I've had her for two years and nothing I've done has been successful in the house training. My fellow teacher friend, Carol, at work said to me last week that she would like a little lap dog since her twin grandchildren are leaving from her home for NC. I offered my Yorkie to her. She came and got her last Friday after work. Immediately, I noticed how much quieter and more peaceful my house was! I didn't call Carol all weekend, fearing that she was having second thoughts about the Yorkie, but today at work she told me how much she and her family love her!!!! She has no other pets, and the Yorkie is getting all the attention.
I'm so happy this has worked out so well. Puppers (tiny Yorkie) was driving me crazy.
ARI