You may remember a post about Max -- the rottweiler that needed a home

WELL -- my sister FINALLY got Max to a home -- but just never really felt comfortable about it.
She then found out that the dog was being left outside and wasn't eating or taking his medicine and she was SOOOOoooo upset that she had left him in this situation. She and her husband and daughter prayed and prayed about this poor dog.

Then on a "whim" she ran his microchip number (it should have been run when the rescue group first got him) and found that the name of the owner was NOT the owner that had turned him in to be put down. She called the powers to be that you call when you find an animal with these chips and asked about it. While they were talking - this little bell kept going off in her mind and finally she turned to her daughter and asked her wasn't the next door neighbor's (the one that moved there a few months ago and had a big male rottie)name was _____. Dallas said she thought so and she went over there and asked her and found that she had a rottie STOLEN from her 6 yrs ago. The cops and lawyer told her all she could do was keep the microchip info updated with her current name/address/phone etc and if the dog was ever lost and a check was done on the microchip -- she would get her dog back.

WELL -- this lady and Max have been reunited. I asked my sister if she thought Max remembered her and she said that the lady took Max's face and started cooing to him like she used to and calling him her pet name for him and all of a sudden he started to cry and talk and whine back at her. Barb said that she and Dallas had gone to visit Max at the vets (they were keeping him until they could find a home for him so they wouldnt have to put him down) twice a day for almost 2 weeks and as much as they had bonded - he had never done this with her so she was SURE he knew he was home again.

Is this not just unbelievable ????

I asked how the ladies other big male was taking this and she said that she has two big dog crates in the "dogs" bedroom -- of course it's all decorated with "rotties" -- and her other male went in his cage to go to bed and Max just walked in and got in the other cage and they slept all through the night [Smile]

If my sister hadn't fought so hard to keep this dog alive -- this happy ending would never had happened -- I am just SOOoooo proud of her !!!

and I had to share [Big Grin]

just goes to show -- the Lord answers prayers for all his creatures [Big Grin]