In June of this year my daughter will be moving to Texas with my only grandson. Haven't allowed myself to think about it too much because it brings so much heart pain, and tears stream from my eyes. I dread the day they load into the car and pull off...

She feels for her son to be able to support himself and his to be family, that she needs to be in a area that he/she alike can afford.
It's true, I can't argue with that.
The thought of the separation...is what I don't want or like.

Four other adult children remain and live at home, so, the idea of packing up and moving is not an option right now. But, one we will certainly look at...if everyone moves with us.

Visiting is another option...but, not everyone in the family can afford to travel or have the time available from work to go.

It's such a torn feeling...
My family is all gone except for one aunt I continue to talk with. Hubby's adoptive mom and dad are gone, so the only family we really have is "us".... I would keep us all together if I could.

Guess, I now know how my mom felt when I married a man in the military...we were never in one place longer than 2 years, and never really close enough to travel home.

I'm so sorry for the separation you are feeling...nothing tugs on the heart more than children or grandchildren. Like you...just thinking of that separation, tears are running.

Know I'll be on a plane every chance I get...hopefully they will do the same. Pictures will be flying on the internet, never thought of webcam...so that is a thought now.

How about spending your vacation time with your son and family? Is that possible? It wouldn't be a permanent solution...but, would give you some allotted precious time, to look forward to.

You said, "The time away, is too long and frequent as it is very hard to go back and forth and he no longer can travel back up here".
End Quote

Is the reason he can no longer travel back and forth because of funds? If, so maybe saving through out the year, and sending the funds so they can travel home. Not sure how our kids manage in today's world, especially with 3 children...it has to be hard.

I know I wasn't of much help...but, my ear will always be open to you...just like my heart.
I'll pray you receive the answer.

[ February 01, 2006, 02:22 PM: Message edited by: yepthatsme2 ]