That is totally the Manager's fault for not being responsible for the welfare of his employee. Yes, you son had an accident. It happens, but it is the responsibility of management to oversee and report it. Is this manager blind? If the finger was that swollen by the morning, then it had to be a bad cut the night before. Sounds like to me the manager just wanted to go home and didn't want to deal with it.

My son use to be a manager of a grocery store and I can tell you that

1) He would have NEVER let an injured employee leave the building without either checking the wound himself, or taking the employee to get medical attention.

2) There are forms that have to be filled out when there is an injury on the job and failure to do so holds repercussions. Bet the manager didn't tell your son that, eh? Could it be that it was closing time and he didn't want to do the paperwork?

I'm going to assume you son is under 20? If so, GO WITH HIM to the store, do not pass go, do not collect 200....GO WITH HIM and demand to see the manager. Tell him you know the circumstances and ask him point blank what he intends to do. If he refuses to help your son, then tell him he leaves you no choice and get a lawyer.

This makes me so angry that someone would put a store before a person who obviously needs medical attention. How wrong is that?

If this is your son's first job, I'm sure he did not know the rules and unfortunately, the store managers sometimes fail to enlighten the employees UNTIL AN ACCIDENT comes along. This could be the case with your son. Find out all you can, be nice when you approach the store manager (I know you would be anyway) but by all means, THIS IS THEIR RESPONSIBILITY! Make them aware that you are not afraid to see to it that they do the right thing by your son.

If I sound mad I am. The thoughts of your son being injured and the manager ignoring it. ACK!

Then again, I'm hearing one side of it so make sure you find out from your son if HE told the manager it was fine and to go on home before you pull a Queen Jaw Jaw on the manager! hahaha..If he didn't then I say "OFF WITH HIS HEAD" for the store manager!

JJ