I've had a dream for a long time and I wanted to share it. I'm hoping to either forget it or clarify it. I'm not sure which.

For a long time I've dreamed of owning a theater in which to produce historical and Biblical musicals and plays. People who attend the historical shows and the Biblical shows that I write on commission always want to see more and having been a member of the National Institute of Outdoor and Historical theater and seeing similar theaters throughout the U.S. I think a theater like that could succeed here.

More than ten years ago I formed a non-profit corporation and obtained tax exempt status. I even bought sixty acres on which to build. I've obtained grants for similar projects for other organizations and maybe I could do it again. Or maybe I could do it to a limited degree by doing the initial funding myself. I just can't seem to turn the dream loose enough to involve people in it who could help.

In reality, owning my own theater is probably another way to avoid turning loose, in that I could control the performances. For some reason, after I hit forty, I have not been able to turn loose of anything I create. Same problem with my novel and plays. I never send them off. A publisher even attend one of my musicals and wrote me a couple of letters asking to see the manuscript. I never sent it. More than a year ago, a producer saw some of one of my puppet shows and heard my songs and wanted a synopsis to present to investors for an animated feature and I couldn't seem to send it. The same producer asked for synopses of all my work in December. Not yet sent.

I get encouragement and I think I can do it then I just don't. I don't even know why. Does anyone have those kinds of problems. Advice?

smile