My husband has been deceased now for almost 4 years. I wish I could have back every little disagreement we ever had just to have him back here next to me. At the time we were having them, it seemed so important and I was so hurt and angry at him for whatever the reason was he was nasty to me at the time. Life was dealing him horrible blows before I ever met him and the longer we were together, the more he seemed to take them out on me. Now, I don't mean physically, just that I was the one that was always there and took the brunt of the reactions to whatever it was. After he was diagnosed with cancer and we were fighting for his life, he told anyone that would listen that cancer was the best thing that ever happened to him because it taught him who really cared about him and how to care for others in return. And it did...it was just a shame that the last 4 years of his life were the best ones and he wasted the other 40+ years getting to where he had love and peace in his heart for others....