I failed arts and crafts in high school and college. But I do cross stitch and scrapbook. Even made all my Christams cards one year!
Scrapbooks don't ahve to be anything more than paper in a color and texture that is appealing to you. This can be picked up at cheap craft stores at 40% discount. Even cheaper this time of year.

If you have decent printing you are home free! Journaling is a snap. My penmanship is bad so I try to spruce up the photos with a little border (stencil) and just go with the printing.

Martha Stewart would keel over but I only want to please myself and leave something for my kids to ponder over. It does not have to be expensive if you buy a practical stencil every four months and stay away from stickers and all the stuff that is gorgeous but I can't complete like the demo.

The point is to get it done and documented and have fun. I would love to scrapbook with others since my creative side comes out in a group. I made a fall wreth at a "Walk in the Woods" party this year. It is no masterpiece but my Mom hangs it on her door.

I guess that is the same as the refirgerator when I was a kid! Oh well.