Hey, Ladies! I have a question and a recent craft adventure.

Does anyone else here collect buttons? I have some antiques that may not be valuable, but they're precious to me. Is there a proper way to store and display them? I once saw a cross-stitch sampler for this purpose, but it was enormous and I'm just not going to "go there."

My adventure started out as a routine scrounging of buttons to fix my mother-in-law's blouse, and turned into a minor adventure. I got hubby to get me a roll of that magnetic strip stuff that has strong adhesive on one side, so people can make their own fridge magnets. Well, in the middle of trying to decide what to do with the tape, now that I had it, I realized I had some old buttons that were not valuable, but I liked them... so I took various ones, lined them up and placed the little ones on longer and shorter strips of magnet. I also took some larger buttons and glued multiple pieces of magnet stuff on the backs (you can only do this with flat-backed buttons). The effect was pretty nice, nothing spectacular, but sort of unique, I guess. Meanwhile, I'm saving my best "pearl" buttons for the day when I figure out how to preserve and display them.

Blessings,
Lil