Vicki,
I lived in the keys for about 8 years and it was a wonderful environment. But it also brings day to day life. A get away there and living there are really quite different.

I still had all the same problems I would have had elsewhere but I did enjoy my time in the sun and think of it fondly.

I am about to quit my job because I am headed for a nervous breakdown if I don't. I bring in the bulk of our income and all the benefits and our family needs beneftis badly. I am negotiating a severance to cover us until I can find something comparable. But there is no guarantee that I will. I could easily become a single parent and that scares me. But in my soul I know that if I stay, I am hurting myself in the long run and taking away from the life we have everyday. So I chose life and am leaving.

There is a slight parallel here but not exact by a long shot. Can you get quiet and reflect on what your intuition is telling you? Along with doing your research of the area. Locals know more than anybody, if you can get in with a couple of them, you will learn about medical facilities and their worth. Homes that may be coming up for sale. Development that is on the table etc.

Which key would you move to? How far from Homestead or Miami for medical needs? What type of work is available and is it year round?

Don't forget about having faith and the keys are a very magical place.

Keep us posted on your thoughts and your progress.

Lynn