Renee, are you goign to meet the queen?

And those going to Vegas must meet chatty.

Angel, how was your trip?

Danita, how was your get-a-way with hubby. You are so good about doing that!

We just got back fro New Orleans with two of our kids for a family wedding. Oldest is taking a mini-mester so he couldn't make it.

WOW! We stayed in the French Quarter. Bourbon St. and the rest of that area is up and running. I can tell you because I was out roaming the streets with my sisters and the bridal party until 3:45 am...(someone had to look out for those kids!) I ahven't been up that late in years.

Anyway, we drove to the wedding which was about 20 minutes away. It was at this lovely plantation that stayed standing in the midst of surrounding devastation. The ride there was unbelievable. I've never seen so many miles of total destruction. I don't know how or when that city will be rebuilt but the loss those familes incurred is devastating. You have to see it to believe it. I had a fairly good idea because my son went there and filmed the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. His video made me cry. But to see it first-hand is a whole other story. We need to remember to keep that city and their people in our prayers. I'd stopped praying for them, but after witnessing such sadness, I'm praying again!