So glad I checked this thread. Lots of wonderful, charming thoughts about grandchildren. Our first, Dustin, is now 5 days away from 6 months. He is so sweet and happy. Gives a big smile all the time. He also reaches out for me now. Well, you know my heart flipped over that one.

I get the opportunity to have him three mornings a week while Mommy works part time. So, I am having the time of my life. He is now turning over, sitting up some, standing with help, cutting his first tooth, and on some baby foods. Busy time for his little body. It is was much fun to watch him discover his hands and feet. I am quite happy they asked me to sit with him.

I love all the ideas you ladies use for your little ones. I never thought of an unbirthday or half birthday-what a great thought. Yearly ornaments are something we do for our children so I hope we can continue with our grandson. However, I never thought of picture ornaments. I like that. The photo album is another great idea. I am in the process of snapping so many pictures of Dustin that I know he'll grow up thinking of me as the picture grandma.

I absolutely love the "other sharons". You must have been in heaven when you heard that, Eagle! Love between the two of you for sure. JJ I think "grandbeauty" is a fantastic name for you to give your little one. Lovely.

Recently my DIL asked us what we wanted our little one to call us. I told her since her mom had chosen "Grammy" that I love either "Gran" or "Granna". Im happy with either. Because my children often call my husband "Pops" he thought the grandson could call him "grandpop". So I guess we are settled on names finally.

One thing I have been doing besides the pictures is to keep a journal of what we (Dustin and I) do everytime we are together. I hope that will be somewhat different for him. I love writing his progress and my feelings about him in the daily journal of our times together.

I am happy we all have our special times and traditions, and names because those little ones are so special and they make our lives so very much more than we expected.

Sandpiper
www.tidedancer.com