Hello everyone. This is my first time here and am glad to be here because I really need some advice. My little boy's father comes and goes as he pleases. He and his girlfriend live together and she has a 6 year old daughter. I have reason to believe there is drug use in the home and the girlfriend verbaly abuses her daughter. I obviously do not feel it's healthy that my son is around her but his father does not understand that. My husband and I are currently expecting a child (yeah! [Smile] and the girlfriend has threatened to beat me up many times and has even gone to the extent on one of her drunken nights to go out looking for me. I am at a loss as to what to do. I work in the legal business and know the routes I can take but don't neccasserly want to take my son completely away from his father (even though my husband and my son are very close). I thought about getting a reastraining order against her because I really do feel threatened and I don't know how she is talking to my son but I think you can only get protective orders if it is a family member. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated in this time of need. My son is everything to me and do not want him seeing her abusive behavior to me and to her daughter (and possibly even him). Thanks!