My elderly Mom has a mind of her own and sets standards that are rather high. Despite the fact that she is dearly loved by all, she is at the cantankerous stage. This is forgiven considering, but she doesn't understand that she is sometimes capable of hurting unnecessarily. She is completely against the woman my son is in a relationship with. Since she is old-fashioned and already opposed to her, she can't be told they are living together. But when they are all at my home, she is very brooding and rude towards (I'll call her T). It is probably because T is of a different ethnic background. My son is very sensitive and a really great guy and it would floor him if he knew what his grandma was thinking. He probably picks up on the vibes anyway. It is killing me. Mom is always remarking to me that he could do better, and maybe that is true, but what could I do about it. The funny thing is that my MIL felt the same way about me and it just alienated her from our family for years. What to do?

[ October 13, 2005, 12:34 AM: Message edited by: Scorpio115 ]