OK, JJ, and anyone else who is interested in this print on demand publishing experience. I was in between a rock and a hard place as a writer trying to get published: the agents want a writer to already be published, and the traditional publishers want a writer who has an agent. I spent hours pouring over the Writer's Market, etc. in search of an agent, a publisher, or both, if I was extra lucky. Alas, no such luck. So I researched self-publishing and print-on-demand. Of the PODs I narrowed it down to iUniverse, Xlibris, and 1st books (which is now known as Authorhouse.) Each company sends glossy brochures with the reasons why their publishing option is the best. Of all the telephone inquiries I had, Authorhouse gave the best responses in terms of courtesy and perceived competency. Cost was also a consideration, of course. Since Authorhouse does not provide editing (that I know of) I had my book professionally edited twice before submission. (this was over the course of about 3 years) Both editors were local freelancers who I happened upon along the lines of synchronicity. Once I got my manuscript ready for submission, and paid my fees, Authorhouse was responsible and efficient. I had to let go of the notion that self-publishing and/or POD was second best to traditional houses. Authorhouse will provide a marketing kit of bookmarks, business cards, and post cards for about $350.00, but the author has to provide the text. I was pleased with the cover their designers offered me. Or, you can send your own design choices for a cover. Of course, these publishing avenues do not keep count toward a best seller list. What else would you like to know? P.S. I get $100.00 if someone I referred to Authorhouse uses their services! But that has nothing to do with me sharing my experience. Lynn