In the past, when we were finished with our clothes we'd give them to friends, family, or Goodwill, etc.

Not this time!

Our neighborhood association announced a yard sale. They did all the promotion in the local papers and posted signs. Advertisement was great.

My youngest son recently grew inches and outgrew many of his clothes. He asked if we could sell them at the yard sale. I obliged him.

He got out his prized bike that Nana gave him, which he had also outgrown. We gathered his clothes and shoes, some of which had hardly been worn. We threw in a couple golf clubs and lamps to make it look like we had more to offer.

Never again. Going to yard sales is one thing, but having them is another! Fortunately we didn't spend much time gathering "stuff". We just cleaned out his room, folded the clothes in piles, didn't ticket a thing, and went for it.

After two hours we brought everything in and I told him I would gladly give our clothes to friends, family, Goodwill, etc. Right back where we started.

People were so cheap. They wanted everything for nothing. One lady ever stole something. [Eek!]

Any yard sale experiences?

[ October 02, 2004, 08:29 PM: Message edited by: Dotsie ]