Hey Debra/Eagle/Chick,

Small world isn't it? I was actually born in Stephenville Crossings, NL (I have a hard time writing that abbreviation--grew up with Nfld) and I lived in/visited for extended periods of time: St. Anthony, Main Brook, Corner Brook, St. John's, Gander, and Burgeo. Long story, but we never really had anything to do with my mom's family back in NL, and after leaving as a preschooler, I only visited once more as a pre-teen. Then, last year I was hell bent on a search for some answers to questions that had plagued me all my life. So I went back and visited on my own.
It was a time with some wonderful relatives that I hadn't even known existed! In fact, I was in a tiny grocery store in Springdale, and I saw a woman point at me and say, "Who's that then?" Her friend answered, "Oh, that's Lizzy's sister's daughter's daughter." And armed with that information, the first woman walked right up to me with tears in her eyes, CALLED ME BY NAME, and announced that we were related! Seems my grandma and her grandma were sisters. And she knew all about me, even if I'd never heard of her. It was like that everywhere I went. It was the first time in my life I gained a real sense of where I came from, who I am, and where I belong. Truly, that trip was one of the best things I ever did for myself. I'm going for another extended visit (a month) in July/Aug next year and I can hardly wait!
Oh yeah, and WB, I've been to Pagosa Springs (used to live in Evergreen and then Pine, CO) and it IS a lovely little town!

Fifty