Montx, reading your last comment, I am reminded of the phrase, "The truth is out there," which was made famous by the now-defunct TV show, 'The X-Files." I'll be curious what your reading reveals.

Lately I've been reading a bunch of different books.
JED DIAMOND, PHD's latest book "12 Rules for Good Men," which will be published in October, I believe. I received an advance copy, because he asked me to write one of those one paragraph blurbs that often appear on books' back covers or on the first few pages, before the book actually starts. It's an interesting book, I was surprised that one of his first rules is for men to become members of a men's support group...

MARTHA BOLTON's (current NABBW member) latest book, "Forgettable Jokes for Older Folks: Jokes you wish you could remember about things you thought you'd never forget." Martha is a former staff writer for Bob Hope, and has written for Phyllis Diller, Mark Lowry, Chonda Pierce and others. So clearly a fun book, and I will be posting a review on the NABBW site soon.

JENNIFER CHIAVERINI's (author of "Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker") new book "Resistance Women: A Novel," is an amazing story of four extraordinarily courageous women, who narrate the book. Historical fiction, 3 of the women are based on real women, who originally met in Madison, Wisconsin, where they were University students. The majority of the story is set in Europe, primarily Germany, beginning in the 1930s. So through the eyes of these women, we see that Berlin is a thriving, intellectual place, but Hitler and the Nazi party are on the rise. The women resolve to resist, and risk their lives to collect information from journalists, military officers and officials within the highest levels of the Nazi party. Highly recommended book.

LIZZIE SHANE's book, "The Decoy Bride," is a fun rom-com romp. Movie star Maggie Tate hires a look-alike, struggling artist Bree, to act as her decoy when she wants to escape to the South Pacific to marry in secret. Bree's job is to spend those three weeks distracting the paparazzi by staging a fake wedding half a world away. What could possibly go wrong, right? Fun book.

Edited by Anne Holmes (07/08/19 09:14 PM)
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com