I totally agree, ladies. Once upon a time my mother and grandmother changed their household decor/knick knacks to coordinate with the season: Dining table centerpiece and placemats, living room fireplace mantle arrangements, front door decor, etc.

I have to confess there is a small wreath on my front door which contains a snowman with a sled. I put it up last winter when I took down the holiday wreath, but I haven't remembered to change it since then. And the dried flower arrangement in my living room has been there for at least 6 years.

So my thrift shopping is more related to common everyday stuff.

Though I confess, a few months ago I did spend $2 on a large serving platter that matches some lovely gold rimmed dessert plates I inherited from one of my grandmothers. These are fine Bavarian bone china, and I used to love eating dessert on them as a child.

I haven't served dessert on them in all the years I've had them, if memory serves. But hey, the price was right, and now the set feels more complete to me.

Guess I'll have to commit to using them at least once. Maybe I'll have a little dessert party some day, just to use my plates...
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com