Heads UP! I just received an invitation from the Food Network. Specifically from a producer for the Ted Allen show, "Chopped."

She said they are looking to cast a number of shows featuring "grandmas" instead of professional chefs.

Specifically, she said they are casting an episode that will feature GRANDMAS from all walks of life who have great stories, love spending time with their grandchildren and have a passion for cooking.

You need not have professional culinary experience to qualify, but you do need to live in the NY, CT, NJ LA, Nashville, DC, Boston and Philadelphia areas.

DRAT! I'm not a grandma, and I don't live in those areas. I'd LOVE to meet Ted Allen and test my culinary chops!

Anyway, she is sending me more info on how to apply, but I thought I'd get the word out as early as possible. by the way, I think tonight's episode features "regular moms," so this must be some new wrinkle they are testing out...

Meanwhile, here's an interview with Ted Allen in which he reveals some of how the show is shot. Apparently each episode takes 12 real time hours to shoot...

www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com