Mary Anne, I am sure your grand daughter has fond memories of you rocking and singing to her. Why not tell her sometime that you'd love to sing the song WITH her? It might get some discussion going.

I don't have grandchildren, so I can't speak from experience, but my humble observation is that there ARE kids who continue to maintain good relationships with their grandparents, even when they are going through the necessary separation from their parents.

(My nephew, for example, who is in his late 20s is not speaking to either parent at the moment. Some long-held grudges which apparently date from his early teens have led to this. However, he still makes occasional trips to spend the day with my father. And I am delighted that their relationship continues to exist.)

Beyond that, you know a protective bubble will not properly prepare her for the world which she must eventually enter. Better that you offer her a reliable safe haven to which she can retreat periodically to relax and recharge.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com