We often had meatless Fridays during Lent when I was growing up, but I can say with assurance that we didn't have Friday pizza. Most likely during the 60s my parents would have been going out with friends on Friday nights and we kids would have had something easy for us to prepare, like Dinty Moore stew from a can. (Still have never bought any of that stuff myself, if it even still exists.)

I am absolutely positive that the first time I ever ate pizza was on one of my first dates. It was a double date as my boyfriend and I were too young to drive -- thus we must have been 15 -- so we doubled with his sister and boyfriend, who were a year or so older. My recollection is that we went to Shakey's Pizza and I didn't know what to order, having never eaten pizza before.

So who else remembers Shakey's Pizza? It was an early fast food success story, but I'm not sure if it's still in business. Here's an early Shakey's TV Commerical. There slogan was, "We serve fun at Shakey's - also pizza."
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com