Searcher, what you say makes sense except that I LOVED being in the choir. Choir, and especially that particular choir, would have been one of my favourite passions back then. And it wasn't the same choir experience all those years. Junior choir, handbell choir, adult choir, folk choir (with guitars, bongo drums and maracas - hippie Mass), etc.

The choir I was in when this piano incident occurred was one of my favourites...the practices were such fun...we'd practice the Sunday stuff for about 30 minutes and spend the next couple of hours jamming or practising for other events we often sang at. We had acoustic and base guitars, flutes, synthesizer (that's what I played), pipe organ, small percussion, and even a trumpet or trombone at special events.

The blank-out happened several years before my breakdown, so I don't think they were related. The breakdown came after several years of enduring an impossibly heavy workload involving extensive overtime (all day, many late nights, weekends and even call-backs from vacation) at my last job...the deaths of Dad and Mom so close together being the final straw. Now THAT breakdown was definitely my body and mind saying "I can't do this anymore".

Those choir days - and friendships - were some of my happiest years of my life. It was a painful decision to quit, although I usually sat right beside the choir at church after quitting, and still got invited to the ceilidhs and Christmas parties. That choir even made a CD a few years ago...it's one of my favourites.

Ahhhh, nice memories.