Dee, and everyone else having similar issues, I hope you know that my post talking about "watching what you say" etc was not intended for you.

It was only what I try to do with my kids, based on my experiences with my mother. As I mentioned before, she has no filter and says whatever she wants, from mentioning my weight over and over, to dissing my children because they aren't already in careers (ages 19 and 23, they have time!), to complaining about everything all the time and never doing anything to fix it.

She has very few friends because of her behavior, but always complains that she's lonely. No one wants to spend time with her!

I also wanted to mention that we all have different tolerance levels for what behavior is acceptable from our children, and that's okay. We were all raised with some degree of expectations, religious or other moral values, etc.

For me, if my child told me he was gay I would be upset and it would be awkward, but I would not dis-own him or otherwise exclude him from my life. However, if he murdered someone, molested children, or abused his wife, that would be a different story. I imagine there are mothers out there who are blind to everything, with no limitations on what their children can do and they'll still welcome and love them with open arms.

EW, I like fairies!