She is like a different person today. Standing tall, being strong and she seems so relaxed and happy. Only been a week or so but I doubt she will relent. In fact she placed an ad in the newspaper this morning for an senior female roomate, and tomorrow I am taking her to the Humane Society to pick out another little dog who needs a loving home. The complete transformation of this woman is nothing short of astronomical.
She informed me that this is the real her, outgoing and loving life and animals. She lived under his iron fist for so long, never being allowed to be herself she almost disappeared altogether. Today she asked if I would go with her to the pet store to buy some new doggy toys etc.? I had to tell her then about my two girls passing. She understood and said she would ask someone else to go with her to get her new dog as well. I hated to say no, but it's still way too soon for me.

Her soon to be ex husbands things were all deposited in a storage shed the day he got arrested for D.V. and the key was left at the jail when she signed a complaint, and now he can't come within 100 yards of her or her home. A happy ending so far for this charming little lady. Tomorrow she is having an alarm system installed on all her doors and windows. She also closed all the bank accounts, she is a frisky savvy gal after all it seems...
Like she said today, "better late than never, right?"

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/