I am a full time homemaker...I also stayed at home until my children were 12 and 8..My circumstances allowed that..and the earlier spell where I was at home were highly productive.Happy days which laid down strong foundations in my life.
I filled my days..gardened make clothes..made "a penny do the work of a pound" shared time with those in my community.I started study and a new career opened up rather than return to my first workplace where I could have been welcomed.
Other doors opened in an era where feminism the arts and a wider world waited.I emgaged in the politics of the UK...I feel fulfilled
I appreciate my retired status..I observe those wonderful younger woman working hard..and people doing what they can to cope in the situation that the banks have created..I know they will plough their furrow in life...we all do what we have to..that is living..
My children now adults in turn cascade into their careers the joy and forward belief of happiness they enjoyed.This was my task along with my husband..to do no harm..to do our best..

Yes I agree Nancy people ask favours of me...as they did in my earlier stay at home time..but many people help me too..