A group of us were talking last night after we met up at a Festival one town over, and decided to go for some coffee. The group consisted of 7 women and 5 men. Two were married couples and the rest of us were widows/widower except one woman who never married. Somehow the subject of death came up (imagine that among older people) and sorrow for our losses, whether it was people or pets. Our conversation although upbeat was about which loss was had been the greatest, the hardest to get over. I was shocked to hear some of their answers, the serioius ones anyway. When it got too morbid I added some comic relief by saying my recent ex is the one who takes a licken, but just keeps on tickin...

For myself the loss of two husbands and my grandparents, and father were devastating but I have stopped thinking of them after all these years for the most part.

Now, for the pets I have lost, even after all this time has passed I can't think of them without breaking down. Those innocent little angels never gave me one second of grief and immeasurable amounts of love and happiness. I doubt I will ever forget the helpless feeling I had not being unable to save them. That may sound odd to some but I am not alone in mthose feelings. No matter what, when asked, the truth is what you'll hear from me, always!

Do any of you watch the program on the Animal Channel:
From Underdog, to Wonderdog? If not, then do watch it if you are a dog lover, it will make you feel good all the rest of the evening...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/