Originally Posted By: Anne327
Mostly everyone I know who gets the flu shots each year get the full-blown flu within a few days. And mostly everyone I know who does not get the shot, does not get the flu.

Most childhood immunizations are for life. Yet this flu shot thing is still experimental as far as I am concerned because we "have" to do it yearly. And because we were told in the 70's that dead viruses were being used, only to find out in 2002 that in the 70's they used live viruses and lied....I do not care to be anyone's guinea pig

I respect your feelings on this subject. It is common to LATER find out we were duped about a particular health concern or treatment.

I waited years before accepting the annual seasonal flu vaccine, and have suffered no ill effects during these last 4 years of getting the shot. At my age, my immune system is not what it used to be, so I'm hoping what they say is true that the annual seasonal flu shot has a measure of protection against the swine flu as well.

I have no intention of getting the swine flu vaccine, since the number of USA swine flu fatalities has shown to be very low as compared to the 30,000 annual USA deaths from the seasonal flu.

My husband works in a hospital and was required to get the seasonal flu vaccine period. I am limiting my contact with people, practicing frequent and effective handwashing, and am avoiding what I consider this experimental swine debacle. Wheter it be the live virus (spray) or the dead virus (vaccine), I don't want it at this point.

Some study came out last week in CA saying that older people are more susceptable than previously thought, and then that story was quietly buried. So for the moment, only children and pregnant women are being prioritized in many places for the limited vaccine available.

And I notice the variations about the swine flu story/vaccine, depending on which TV "expert" you listen to.

I've lived long enough as a woman, wife, nurse and mom to be my own expert. And I say "No thank you."