Originally Posted By: Eagle Heart
Josie, your post really touched me to the core of my being...I know those feelings so well. Like you, I find ways to stem the tide of the darkest of those feelings. I still can't look at pictures of my family...even going down the staircase where all their pictures are hanging on the wall is sometimes too painful. I miss them so much. I like how your sisters keep helping you to stay strong and alive. I think Gary does that for me too. Keeps reminding me that all of us have our time to live, our purpose to share with others and our loved ones - including God - rooting us on all the way.

Thank you so much for your kind words, Eagle......

I, too, have a wall filled with hanging pictures which faces the library. Every time I pass by the "picture wall," I notice that the picture of my two sisters is crooked. Of about 25 pictures, it is the only picture which leans whenever I pass it.

I believe it is Ronnie & Ellie saying "Hi Josie. We're just letting you know we are here for you." So I straighten out the frame, say hi back, and pass by. It makes me feel like they are watching over me.

57 year old actor-dancer Patrick Swayze passed on last night, leaving his beloved childhood sweetheart & wife of 34 years behind. Some of us are reminded that in the movie "Ghosts," the last thing Patrick's character said to "Molly" before he left this earth went something like, "Love. It's the one thing you can take with you when you die."

I believe that. I know my sisters have my love with them, and I have the memory of their love to sustain me until we meet again soon.

What a re-union it will be for all of us to be together again. Until that time, God still has plans for me here. Sometimes I wish He would hurry up and call me home, but then, I think who am I to tell Him what to do.

Not MY will but THY will be done, Lord. Got it! lol