After posting my first picture in the photo gallery on this site, (my son’s high school graduation from Military Academy will be coming in the next couple of weeks) I wanted to share Picasso with you if you aren’t’ aware of it.

1. I recommend Google's free photo site called Picasso. Here's the link http://picasa.google.com/
2. What I found extremely beneficial was the ability to create an album and save it on Google’s server and it’s all free.
3. I had slides from my parents wedding and scanned them into my computer. They were huge and had so many pixels.
4. I didn’t want to reduce each one so I created the album with the 50 or so (now digital) photos and saved it on Google’s free server.
5. Next, I sent the link to my folks and their friends. They loved it and thought I was a technology genius. (But then again, they argued with me that if they didn’t pay AOL they couldn’t use their AOL email service and they didn’t want to transfer their contact.)
6. Then I started thinking about folks that had lost their homes in fires or floods and many times, photos were what they missed most.
7. Well, if it’s on Google’s server, it’s not lost and you can access it anywhere in the world (maybe not China) if you have a computer and internet access.

There’s a business idea here but I don’t have time to pursue it. Maybe I’ll give a free presentation at a Senior Living complex and have my company in my bi-line. I already have the $150 dollar scanner… but before that the $30 dollar all in one printer, copier, and scanner did the trick too as long as it’s not slides. Yes, I could project my computer on a big screen and start albums for the audience. Somebody should take this and run with it.

Also, I have Adobe Photo Shop and I am constantly exceeding my level of competence. I much prefer Google’s free Picasso because it is so easy to remove red eyes, brighten up the picture, etc. For me, it’s great when the computer knows who has red eyes in the photo and fixes it.

Edited by underwearmaven (06/04/09 12:17 AM)