Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

I really couldn't wait to post here today and let you all know how much I miss you!

I wanted to give you all an update on our situation...it is good news for a change and I have wanted to share with my sisters this good news so badly. For those who are curious, here is a link explaining our crisis My Daughter Sofia

Well, a couple of months ago I bit the bullet and extended an olive branch to Zoey's family on her dad's side. Things are so much better now and so much had to do with lack of communication. Too many bad assumptions and paranoia.

Even though she still has a way to go, Sofia is doing much better. We all felt it was best for her to move back to Blacksburg. Zoey needs her and they have agreed to equal time with both her and her dad. This way Zoey is able to spend equal time with both of her parents with a short time in between. Plus, Zoey's dad has really stepped up to the plate and I am quite proud of him for his devotion to his daughter. You just cannot say this about too many 19 year old boys. Anyway, we are finding that his mom and I are enjoying our conversations together and getting to know each other better.

This was a rough year, but I believe I am taking into the next year many lessons learned. I had plenty of time to do some reflecting and reaccessing many of my beliefs.

Sometimes I guess God really needs to shake us to get us to stop and take a breather.

Anyway, I really wanted to touch base with my sisters here. This is a bond I do not want to lose under any circumstances. We are a great diverse group of boomer women here, but with one common bond. I believe we are here for fellowship and continual growth and enlightment.

I am doing another thing I never did before and I am actually enjoying this, but this Christmas day, I am all by myself and I've had a very great day! Zoey is with her dad this Christmas, but they included Sofia as well. We didn't want her alone in her apartment and Richard was able to take the time off of work, so he is there with her now. It's funny how things work out, I really needed this day alone with no other responsibilities but to take a deep breath and come here and get re-aquainted with my sisters.

My dad has had some close calls as well and I went to see him last weekend. His sister, who is a boomer woman herself, and in the medical profession came to see him and she was a tremendous help. His spirits are lifted and he is truly looking at his situation on the positive side. I was so happy to see this and I cheered him on and had some good conversations with him.

Well, I am going to do some mingling around here at BWS and see what has been happening!

I love you all alot!

Cheers,
Cathi