Coat...I have a dark brown long cashmere coat..it covers all my long skirts and is also nice with tousers.
This year I went to TKMAX a discount designer shop and bought a BOILED WOOL three quarter unlined coat.It is Italian and a quarter of the price of a similar coat I saw in the city yesterday.The style allows me a layer of warmth (really cosy)without being overheated in department stores.I find as long as it not wet this is the item I pop on.It revamped my wardrobe..Funny how one item can draw every thing together.A lucky find.

I also have a really long dark claret waterproof with shoulder cape...very Jane Austen it is essential in this climate when I have to go out in rain.Its what others wear to walk their dogs..
and a black raincoat ankle length with velvet inset at neck and cuffs in olive green.smart.. years old worn to funerals..and communion at church.never lets me down I shall keep it until I am EIGHTY ..or over.
seems I have a lot..but I am careful and attend to my clothes. and things last..