I was working at the hospital the other day and a nurse knew my grandmother owner a hair salon so she asked me some questions about tinting her hair.

Her problem was so common I thought I would put it here too.

Her problem was that her temples, the area around the ear, became gray before the rest of her hair. Although she had gray other places, the hair at the temples showed gray first and a lot.

She used two colors on her hair, a dark brown and a dark red. She also asked me about applying red to her temples.

I told her that if she applied red to her temples, they would most likely be redder than the rest of her hair since there was concentrated hair there.

I told her that if she got her colour from a place like "Sallys," and bought the color and the developer separate, it would work better.

All she needed to do when her temples were getting gray again before the rest of her hair was to just use the amount of color needed. She could mix a small amount and apply it with a brush or even tooth brush and when it was done tinting, all she had to do was rince that part of her hair off and condition it and she would be ready to go!

although, as I've said before, those tints have metal content and salon colour is the best, if you are going to do your own hair, you should go to a beauty supply and get the color and the developer separte. (Always a 20 developer unless you are bleaching.)

I thought I'd put this here in case anyone else has that problem with their temples. I know I do. Also, you can do just your part and save some days too if you mix just a bit. You should not tint all of your hair unless you wait three months between colors. You can spot color in the way above and save time. This way she could dye her temples while getting ready for work and be ready to rinse it when she was finished with everything else.

Just offering up another tip!

Dancer

"Question your privilege"