Now the new "look," is to wear eye makeup that looks natural, mascara, slight eyeliner, and no shadow. The skin is made to look very healthy and almost NO blush is used. The eyelashes are made to look long with products to use under your mascara, like primers, (ask me if you need the name of a good one,) and the lips are now colorless, with a CLEAR gloss that can be seen, the really sticky kind, on the lips! It is a natural look and can be worn by many ages. I like it myself, The eyebrows are dark, shaped and made to stand out more than ever before.

Hair,
Hair is now in a "boycut," and short, with the top of the cut kept a bit floppy OR long hair that has layers that are prominint and appear to be a bit uneven, although they are not. The hair is then ironed with a hair iron, ( I can tell you how to use one safely on your hair,) and highlights are scarce and prominent where they are placed. Hair is not often given a full head of highlights now, they are strategically placed. (sp.)
Other hair trends are brown hair and long hair that is not straightened but is curled in the old fashioned way, on curlers and not with a curling iron. It gives the hair body. After the hair is curled, it is combed out and then made "piecey," with product. ( I can give you the name of some good ones.) With the new long hair piecey it looks as if some of the curls and sections are separated a bit from the others.

It is now trendy to wash your hair every third or fourth day. This is to preserve color and to let natural hair oils nourish the hair. Some actresses wash thier hair once a week. One can keep it from becoming flat by using powder. Powder is sprinkled on your head and then you comb it through to take out the dirt and oil. The "powder trick," is years old but is in use now, alot. ( I can give directions on the powder technique if anyone wants them.)

Eightys fashion is still very much in vogue. Maybe a post about those clothes???

Love you guys,
Dancer9

Edited by dancer9 (07/15/08 10:08 PM)

"Question your privilege"