After a beautiful Easter weekend with family, our son and dil surprised Hubby and me with two things.
The first surprise was a paid vacation in Spain in a first class hotel, as a thank you for taking Anaiya for a year.
And the second surprise was they took Anaiya! Yes,…our little pumpiamkin is gone. No forewarning nothing. They just packed her suitcases and swept her out of our lives.

Okey….and here is a third surprise.
I am not upset. No, really I’m not. I thought I would break down and cry as if I had lost my own child. But that didn’t happen. We immediately removed the fence to the stairs. We unscrewed the children security thing-a ma- jigs- from the drawers and cabinet doors. Wow, what a feeling of freedom!

Hubby feels the same way. We can’t wait to go on our vacation. I just love sitting at my computer without having a guilty conscience. I can’t wait to get my business rolling again. No more toys to stumble over, no stinky diapers, no milk bottles. …. She weighs almost 30 pounds. I won’t miss carrying her, and feeling the weight on my hip and knee. Really it’s wonderful.

Of course we will miss her cute little voice calling Oma and Opa. Her morning snuggles with us in bed. We will miss the sunshine she seems to bring with her in every room. We loved seeing her develop and learn from day to day. We are aware that we were blessed to have had this chance to experience a baby again. She will be back to visit, and I think and hope we will always have a very close relationship.

So there is a happy end to this fairy tale, and I am relieved that there must be some grandmother instinct protecting me from breaking down. Anaiya is now where she belongs; and that’s with her mommy. That is just the nature of things.….

And now onward with our own lives!