A Typical Day at the Market

Alarm woke me up right before sunrise. Day's clothing was draped across the stair railing, in order of how it's put on -- underwear, socks, t-shirt, turtleneck, sweater, pants. Just go down the railing! I have to set it up the night before because I'm brain-dead before 9am. After I got dressed, I turned the heat on and woke up El Hub. Then I packed the cooler and we took off (everything else was packed last night.)

Nice day at market -- high of 69 and sunny. Good sales for the first time in 2008 -- many of my customers are "in the industry" and the writers' strike affected everyone here. We bought fresh figs and sourdough Moroccan olive bread, but I didn't have time to get vegetables because we were busy at my booth. Falafel lunch at the market.

Then we went to BCAM new art museum opening, only to find that we had to get tickets online and they were sold out for this whole week. Bummer! We showed up last week, too, because I mixed up the opening date. I think I'll wait a few weeks before trying again!

El Hub drove home. I was "in charge" of finding good radio stations, which I did in-between napping.

Dinner. Email. Online scrabble. BWS. We were going to watch TV, but Hubbo fell asleep.

Poet and essayist